So, here I am ensconced at my really good friends' house, helping prepare some tasty Living Food (also known as Raw Food) for tomorrow's Earth Day Weekend Celebration in NW Portland. Gabrielle Chavez is a fabulous Raw Food Chef and afficionado, I've known her since she and her husband, Thomas, were simple and delightful vegetarians, and have followed their whole journey through the Raw Food process over the past 8 years.
If you want to taste Gabrielle's fabulous goodies (and other folks contribute as well) she and her cohorts meet every Sunday Night at Kairos-Milwalkie UCC, at 5:30pm for a tasty meal and spiritual explorations.
If you are in the Portland area this is worth trying at least once!
Part of being a good friend is sacrificing yourself on the alter of good cuisine. I've enjoyed being a taste tester and sous-chef from time to time, and I never leave here disappointed.
Since, I'm being pampered and spoiled with healthy delcious, soul filling goodies, and quiet. Yes, quiet, no cats or dogs fighting, no kids asking me for their due, I've had some internet time to just look around at some very cool crochet happenings.
I've brought my crochet too, but I've been catching up with friends and forgot to do any so far, which is fine, though they don't mind me crocheting while we talk. As I have followed their journey; so too, theyhave followed mine.
Anyway, I finally got to watch the TED Talk about Hyperbolic Crochet... I love how crochet is one of the very very few ways you can model Hyperbolic Geometry....
The Power of the Hook is Strong!!! Check out just how powerful! Here http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/519
Oooh and if you live in Philadelphia: Check out this exhibit http://chemheritage.org/events/event-detail.asp?id=451
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- If only I had more time!
- 4 o'clock in the morning RANT
- Celebrating Spring, Getting Ready for Portland!
- A Saturday of Quiet...
- More Roving Crochet News..
- Extended Deadline, Earth Day, and other crochet go...
- CLF News and other things...
- Hookalicious Stash Buster!
- International Year of Natural Fibers: 2009
- Do you have your copy of the CLF First Ever Book?
- Crochet Road Trip...
- So it's spring, now what?
- Crochet In Chains...The Second Book
- Crocheted Goodness...
- Vicotoria's Secret is totally HOOKALICIOUS!
- Cafe Curtains are totally Hookalicious!
- Lookie, Lookie I got hookie :)
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet