ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
Friday, November 23, 2007
Garments won the poll! As a result I have put a poll about what kind of garment patterns you would like to see published!
Tell your friends, I plan of putting this numbers up loud and clear.
The next runners up were lace patterns, and accessories. Oddly enough afghans and home decor were in last place. Sounds like you all like a challenge!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
This the last day to vote on what kind of patterns you prefer! So far garments are coming up as the leader. The next poll will give you choices to show which KIND OF GARMENTS you want to see more of! That one should be a fun one!
Thank you to all who have voted. Tell your friends to vote too, and get ready for the next poll! I look forward to seeing all the results!
Once again a very very happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Grand High Pooobah CLF
Sunday, November 18, 2007
They got us started by being there...and giving me something to do in the middle of the middle of the night!
So 1/10th of all earnings from the CLF Store will be donated to Ravelry!
Get the bumper sticker, a button, a sweatshirt, or totebag! Remember for each $ made I will donate 10%!
Thanks in advance for supporting our industry :) CROCHET...BTW did you know the Code Monkey Casey (ala ravelry) is a secret admirer of CROCHET? That's right!!! Let's show em our love too!
Please feel at home here and feel free to pass the link along to friends, and hook supporters a like. I believe in grassroots movements, I believe in the power of the chain, I believe in the power of the lovers knot. I say SET MY PICOT FREE!
Come on gents and ladies! You with me? This isn't just about a craft, this is about our dignity, our self esteem, our economic choices and freedom to create as and how we like...This is about CROCHET LIBERATION!
Rock on with me!
(Btw we are a group that started on Ravelry, if you aren't on Ravelry yet www.Ravelry.com sign up it's free! There is a waiting list but they'll get you in! Then join our HQ!...I made us real in the real world too! Support the effort! Get a bumper sticker...you know you want one!)
We are the Crochet Liberation Front!
We are both male and female, all races, creeds, and nationalities.
We hook and we are proud.
With our hooks we make lace, household items, dresses and sweaters, socks and slippers, tablecloths and bedspreds, we make jewelry and sculptured art.
We are limited only by our creativity and imagination.
That which we make is beautiful!
We refuse to be pigeon-holed into any single category.
We refuse to accept the myth that we are less than other arts and crafts.
We will not apologize for our love of all that is hookable.
We refuse to continue in the need to have other crafts to make us valid.
We are valid in and of our own nature.
We refuse to accept the stereotypes that keep us down trodden and unsupported.
We are the Crochet Liberation Front and WE hold our hooks high!
If you are a person who uses the great hook to create wonderful art, cozy clothes, practical household items, fun and entertaining toys and dolls, if you just like the feel of the hook in your hand, if you have a mother, daughter, aunt, grandmother, father, grandfather, uncle or son who crochets...join us!
How? Just give us your
Name (you can make one up)
Rank (Please make one up, it's fun!)
and Yardage (some people take this to mean how much they have made, how much in their stash, how long they have crocheted).
Just post a comment below and you are officially part of the CLF...
HOOKS RAISED! CLF SALUTES!
1) Articles written to knitters to tell them how cool we are. OK pardonez moi to all of you who are bi-crafty types who both knit and crochet, in advance. However, I for one do not see why selling folks who play with pointy sticks on our craft makes our craft any cooler? I mean really, are those who play with pointy sticks the epitome of cool? Cause if so I missed some memo some where.
Frankly we do not need ANY industry or craft to think we are cool. WE need to think WE are cool. And somehow that's gotten lost along the way.
As a former marketing suit type executive (and oh yes I was, but I bought my soul back) I have to say that kind of marketing doesn't really do we crocheters a whole lot of good.
What we need in my very UN-humble opinion is to show that yes indeed we are SUPER cool, and show how much $$$ we have to spend at the LYS. That will get us better tools and materials, cause at the end of the day people, an LYS is a business, and they have rent to pay.
So, with that in mind I urge you to contact me with your Crochet Friendly LYS's and I will list them here. I will NOT make a list of the unfriendly LYS's because that will give them free marketing.
I also would love you to leave me messages with links to COOL crochet websites. These can be art, wearable art, cool designs, freaky designs, fun, and of course silly!
Crochet is a fabulous medium! I know that, both my daughter and SON know that, and so do you, since you crochet. So, let's show our stuff!
Raise hooks! CLF SALUTE!
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet