It's a beautiful sunny day as I write this post. I'll try not to make too many mistakes as I rush to finish blogging and head out side to enjoy the sunshine! In the Pacific NW you have to grab the sun when you get it!
I've been crocheting up a storm getting ready for the CGOA regional in Portland, Oregon (also known as The Knit and Crochet Show). Got my train tickets and the event packet showed up in the mail this week so WHOO HOO! Ready for PDX, as soon as I get that free form vest done. It's looking pretty spiffy, but the back is taking me forever to finish!
At the same time I'm working away at the "Crochet in Chains" book, slowly but surely, this book will manifest. I've figured out some layout issues that were bugging me, nothing technical, purely aesthetic, sleeping on the problem fixed it!
I've begun recieving submissions for our 3rd book, "400yds or Less" which will have some cute, fun and quick crochet projects. Keep those rolling in!
So, now I am off to Cama Beach State Park to see if our Interpretive Specialist, Tina Dinzel Pedersen needs my help at the information desk. It's a sunny day, and that makes folks want to play at the park. I like working at the information desk, even when it's slow, because I can sit and work on the book!
Before I leave my library sanctum, I want to remind you that the CLF First Ever Book is still available at Amazon.com or the e-book is available for $9.99 on lulu.com. Thank you again to all who have purchased the book(s). It was our first effort and an amazing one, I think we'll all be pleased with the next few books as we've figured out how to move ourselves forward.
That being said, I'm so proud of our first ever book! I hope you enjoy it!
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- If only I had more time!
- 4 o'clock in the morning RANT
- Celebrating Spring, Getting Ready for Portland!
- A Saturday of Quiet...
- More Roving Crochet News..
- Extended Deadline, Earth Day, and other crochet go...
- CLF News and other things...
- Hookalicious Stash Buster!
- International Year of Natural Fibers: 2009
- Do you have your copy of the CLF First Ever Book?
- Crochet Road Trip...
- So it's spring, now what?
- Crochet In Chains...The Second Book
- Crocheted Goodness...
- Vicotoria's Secret is totally HOOKALICIOUS!
- Cafe Curtains are totally Hookalicious!
- Lookie, Lookie I got hookie :)
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet