The CLF message board on Ravelry.com is a fabulous place, our members come from a wide range of countries, socio-economic status, professions, beliefs, you name it! One of the things I love most about the message board is the dedication by members to spread the word about events, contests, and activities to provide awareness and how we crochet enthusiasts can participate!
Marly, known as The Yarn Thing, posted a great piece today about a real world and virtual effort called Keeping the Fleece.
Keeping the Fleece is an organization that is celebrating the International Year of Natural Fibers as sanctioned by the United Nations. I could give you a history as to why we would be concerned about natural fibers etc, but they have a fabulous website and put forth the infomation very eloquently. They also have a fabulous contest with some really fun categories! We'd love for crocheters to represent well in this activity! So check out the contest on Keeping the Fleece's website.
I am definately thinking of entering, and I'm going to inform my local fiber arts group and LYS with this information too. I'm a big fan of Heifer International, sustainable farming, and self-sufficiency.
If you support this kind of activity don't be quiet about it, feel free to share the information with friends, neighbors, family and fiber arts groups. Heck blog about it. The more folks who network the more things can happen!
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- If only I had more time!
- 4 o'clock in the morning RANT
- Celebrating Spring, Getting Ready for Portland!
- A Saturday of Quiet...
- More Roving Crochet News..
- Extended Deadline, Earth Day, and other crochet go...
- CLF News and other things...
- Hookalicious Stash Buster!
- International Year of Natural Fibers: 2009
- Do you have your copy of the CLF First Ever Book?
- Crochet Road Trip...
- So it's spring, now what?
- Crochet In Chains...The Second Book
- Crocheted Goodness...
- Vicotoria's Secret is totally HOOKALICIOUS!
- Cafe Curtains are totally Hookalicious!
- Lookie, Lookie I got hookie :)
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet