Spring has sprung on Camano Island, and it feels so good! It actually hit 60 degrees (F) and my it almost felt balmy! The flowers are starting to bloom, trees are leafing out, and I'm wondering in the long swing vest I'm making for the CGOA Regional Show in Porltand is going to be to warm to wear? Eeep!
I'm making my daughter a lace over skirt to wear with her jeans, inspired by Doris Chan's cute patterns.
Last night I was doing my friend's laundry (and no, I will not do yours unless you have a hip replacement) and got to use her internet connection. The benefit of that was at long last I got to hang out in the chat room with all the folks at Getting Loopy! OMG that was brilliant!!
If you have never tuned in to Getting Loopy live, if you have never had the fun of hanging out in the chat room, if you have never had fun harrassing Mary Beth Temple while she's on the air, then by golly you should! It was a blast! Now I will be sad next Monday when I don't get to do it live...Bother! So, folks I want you to go to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mary-beth-temple
sign up for the reminder and listen in it's FABULOUS!
Next item of great news:
http://www.gailsyarns.com is owned and operated by Gail aka Nosenabook, CLF member extraordinaire. If you are an overseas CLF person and want a hard copy of our CLF First Ever Book, Gail is your woman! She has great shipping prices, and it's well worth going through her! She also has a lovely supply of yarn and hooks! Have at it!
So, today I'm working on the second book, Crochet In Chains. Three patterns down, working on the fourth, and have two articles written :) This is going to be a fun, fabulous book.
And you know, I'm not sure if I'm going to give my Grandma a copy of it or not, but I don't think even she (the great dowager that she is) would be offended by it. Besides she's the one who told me, 'Oh, every generation of teenagers thinks they invented sex."
Me:"WHAT? Grandma? "
Grandma: "Oh dear, don't look at me like that, I haven't always been old. How do you think your father got here?"
Me: But Grandma, you weren't a teenager when you had Dad.
Grandma: "No, but I enjoyed all the practice until I did have him."
Me: Thanks Grandma, this is need to know information. I didn't need to know that.
Grandma : Picks up magazine, and chuckles softly and evily into the pages.
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- If only I had more time!
- 4 o'clock in the morning RANT
- Celebrating Spring, Getting Ready for Portland!
- A Saturday of Quiet...
- More Roving Crochet News..
- Extended Deadline, Earth Day, and other crochet go...
- CLF News and other things...
- Hookalicious Stash Buster!
- International Year of Natural Fibers: 2009
- Do you have your copy of the CLF First Ever Book?
- Crochet Road Trip...
- So it's spring, now what?
- Crochet In Chains...The Second Book
- Crocheted Goodness...
- Vicotoria's Secret is totally HOOKALICIOUS!
- Cafe Curtains are totally Hookalicious!
- Lookie, Lookie I got hookie :)
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet