Ok, so I have the fourth pattern formatted, I've sent out three of the four for editing, and am going to send out the fourth in just a few minutes.
One of the things that will be different about this CLF book, will once again be the articles. Since this is our "adult" book, I'm taking the opportunity to use the book as a vehicle to discuss some "touchy" subjects, that are often swept under the carpet or seen as taboos.
Again, this book is fully intended for adults, and there are subjects that adults should be able to discuss in a rational manner.
What will the articles be about?
Reproductive Health and Safety
Of course these will all be handled with the same humor and respect that all subjects are dealt with by the CLF.
I put this information out to you now, just so you know there may be an article or two that might make some uncomfortable, but I think more people will find that the articles are mature and thought provoking.
I don't believe you can truly separate any issue into a little box. The patterns are fabulous on their own, but their intent is to be sexy and fun in the bedroom, you just can't leave sex out of the equation in this... So why not talk about it?
As with all things CLF I stand by the axiom; "We are people first, people who crochet!"
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- If only I had more time!
- 4 o'clock in the morning RANT
- Celebrating Spring, Getting Ready for Portland!
- A Saturday of Quiet...
- More Roving Crochet News..
- Extended Deadline, Earth Day, and other crochet go...
- CLF News and other things...
- Hookalicious Stash Buster!
- International Year of Natural Fibers: 2009
- Do you have your copy of the CLF First Ever Book?
- Crochet Road Trip...
- So it's spring, now what?
- Crochet In Chains...The Second Book
- Crocheted Goodness...
- Vicotoria's Secret is totally HOOKALICIOUS!
- Cafe Curtains are totally Hookalicious!
- Lookie, Lookie I got hookie :)
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet