Ok, the jury doesn't need me this week! YAY! Thanks to Bec Thomas I was reminded to call the courthouse after hours number to see if I had to drive the two hours, Bec is my bestest buddy, and brilliant art photographer (and I'm not just saying that cause she used to provide me with raw mohair) check out her Blog to see some GORGEOUS photos of the Pacific NW. THANK YOU BEC! For saving me from the evils of waking up at 6am.
So now I get to start work on more March Crochet Madness...
Happy St. Patrick's Day! In honor of the day I've been teaching my daughter how to make Irish Crocheted leaves :)
I'm just waiting for a few more patterns to arrive in my in box and then I will start working on the book in earnest...but me thinks we got a few lovely patterns that show the fun, and foxy side of life!
I've just run across an e-zine called Croqzine, I had to look at it, cause someone involved is out of Oregon, my old stomping grounds...which is why I don't think I'm all that radical. I mean really, isn't standing up for what is right, and just, and good just what people do? Honestly, I don't think speaking your mind, refusing to live in fear is all that radical, it's just how I live my life. But then again, I'm a granola born and raised in Oregon, so at least I have an excuse (must be the water)...
Anyway, I've enjoyed the little blurbs I've read so far :)
OOOH Other big news, Marly aka The Yarn Thing starts her new podcast on Blog Talk Radio TONIGHT! 9pm Central, which is 11 Eastern and 8 Pacific, catch her TONIGHT!!!!! http://www.blogtalkradio.com/yarnthing
And other news...Um Fearless Leader is a DORK again! I apologize to David Burchall and the crochet community at large for MISSING THE FREAKIN' IDES OF MARCH! BAH! What was I thinking? Well I obviously wasn't! I meant to announce his award here on Sunday, but um...Ms. Mom, Ms. Busypants, Ms. Honey-where-is-my, Ms. Fearless Leader, forgot :(
Next year I promise to be more organized!
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- End of March....
- The Flamies: Part DUH
- Picot Freeing Jacket!
- Yarn Companies: RENT A CLUE
- CLF Helping Out with Saving Camano Island Library!...
- Fearless Leader Dork Alert...
- Shamrock Earrings are KITSCHALICIOUS!
- More March Madness! By Gosh and Begora!
- The Flamies
- TODAY IS THE DAY!
- Fabulous...that is the word for the day...
- FOUR DAYS! Ah...Ah...Ah...
- FIVE DAYS!!!
- Hookalicious Yarn!
- Grammar Police Where Are You?
- Another Hookalicious Award!
- Politics may interupt CLF activities! EEP!
- What are you doing for National Crochet Month?
- The FLAMIES! March 16th!
- March: In like a Lion out Like a Lamb...
- Last Day to Vote, and more March Madness
- Name Corrections :)
- Day 1 of National Crochet Month
- Happy National Crochet Month!
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet