That's what we're calling the Grand Finale of the Finale Process on Getting Loopy this coming Monday Night (March 30th, 9pm EDT/6pm PDT). For those not in the know, the first annual Crochet Awards (known as the Flamies) happened on March 16th 2009. The last eight winners/categories got lost in technoland.
Poor Mary-Beth found that her virtual switchboard had "poof" disappeared, along with the guests...We had odd thoughts that leprochauns had abducted our winners to get at the statuettes...but alas it was merely a technical glitch.
So tune in tomorrow night, Monday March 30th for the CONCLUSION of the Flamies on Getting Loopy with Mary Beth Temple! If you can't join us live, please download the archives...
For some reason she's willing to have me back on the air, and once again I promise to be good, and I'll talk louder...I'm terrible about that, I actually have a rather loud voice and so I tone it down not to blow out speakers and often over correct...sigh...
Anywho...More fun news about the CLF!
We are in the very first issue of the New UK magazine called Inside Crochet! I look forward to seeing what they have to say about us there! (link to come...I'm on dial up at the moment, so it's torturous...Tuesday I'll reblog with all the juicy links)...
The CLF First Ever Book is being reviewed in the May-June '09 issue of Quick and Easy Crochet magazine! That was so exciting I couldn't sleep after I found out!
And...I and several other CLF members have been interviewed by Crochet Today Magazine about the CLF and our wacky ways...That should be out in the July/August '09 issue in time for our Second Anniversary!!!!
Now just in case you think my head's getting too big...think again. I would like to remind you I am the mother of teens...My ego gets dented back into shape on a daily basis ;)
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- End of March....
- The Flamies: Part DUH
- Picot Freeing Jacket!
- Yarn Companies: RENT A CLUE
- CLF Helping Out with Saving Camano Island Library!...
- Fearless Leader Dork Alert...
- Shamrock Earrings are KITSCHALICIOUS!
- More March Madness! By Gosh and Begora!
- The Flamies
- TODAY IS THE DAY!
- Fabulous...that is the word for the day...
- FOUR DAYS! Ah...Ah...Ah...
- FIVE DAYS!!!
- Hookalicious Yarn!
- Grammar Police Where Are You?
- Another Hookalicious Award!
- Politics may interupt CLF activities! EEP!
- What are you doing for National Crochet Month?
- The FLAMIES! March 16th!
- March: In like a Lion out Like a Lamb...
- Last Day to Vote, and more March Madness
- Name Corrections :)
- Day 1 of National Crochet Month
- Happy National Crochet Month!
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet