ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Flamies: Part DUH

That's what we're calling the Grand Finale of the Finale Process on Getting Loopy this coming Monday Night (March 30th, 9pm EDT/6pm PDT). For those not in the know, the first annual Crochet Awards (known as the Flamies) happened on March 16th 2009. The last eight winners/categories got lost in technoland.

Poor Mary-Beth found that her virtual switchboard had "poof" disappeared, along with the guests...We had odd thoughts that leprochauns had abducted our winners to get at the statuettes...but alas it was merely a technical glitch.

So tune in tomorrow night, Monday March 30th for the CONCLUSION of the Flamies on Getting Loopy with Mary Beth Temple! If you can't join us live, please download the archives...

For some reason she's willing to have me back on the air, and once again I promise to be good, and I'll talk louder...I'm terrible about that, I actually have a rather loud voice and so I tone it down not to blow out speakers and often over correct...sigh...

Anywho...More fun news about the CLF!

We are in the very first issue of the New UK magazine called Inside Crochet! I look forward to seeing what they have to say about us there! (link to come...I'm on dial up at the moment, so it's torturous...Tuesday I'll reblog with all the juicy links)...

The CLF First Ever Book is being reviewed in the May-June '09 issue of Quick and Easy Crochet magazine! That was so exciting I couldn't sleep after I found out!

And...I and several other CLF members have been interviewed by Crochet Today Magazine about the CLF and our wacky ways...That should be out in the July/August '09 issue in time for our Second Anniversary!!!!

Now just in case you think my head's getting too big...think again. I would like to remind you I am the mother of teens...My ego gets dented back into shape on a daily basis ;)

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store