ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hookalicious Yarn!

Curious Creek Yarn owner, Kristine was on Getting Loopy, Monday night with Mary Beth Temple...

I so enjoyed listening (via telephone, because of my damned dial up situation!) that I had to call in and award her a HOOKALICIOUS award!

1) Because she learned crochet and loves it for awesome reasons!
2) Because she gave honest and great information about "handpainting" yarn.

As you may or may not know, I'm a handspinner and dyer, and I have often gotten annoyed when people try to claim that handspainting isn't dyeing. Yes, it is. It's just a matter of definition and techique, and when Christine said the MAGIC words of "It also makes it sound prettier"...I wanted to hug her ;)

So check out her site here! http://www.curiouscreek.com/


AND DON'T FORGET TO TUNE IN TO GETTING LOOPY! MONDAY NIGHT, MARCH 16th at 9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific! FOR THE FLAMIES! 2009 Crochet Awards!

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store