ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 1 of National Crochet Month

Hey there boys and girls, gents and ladies, damen und herren!

It's National Crochet Month (International Crochet Month to the CLF), and I would like to do my part as a very proud CGOA member to say that if you aren't a member of the Crochet Guild of America then what better month to join!

The Crochet Guild of America (CGOA) takes members from around the world, so you don't have to be from the USA to join! Why join? Well, if you love crochet, and want to connect with others who love crochet then this is the group for you! If you have professional aspirations this is a grand group to join, and if you aren't wanting to go pro it's still a grand group to join!

I never knew how much I craved the company of other crocheters until I went to my first event. There I was thinking I was perfectly fine with my private and public crochet solo efforts. Then I sat with a group of people who loved their hooks, and yarn, and understood when I ripped out my project 16 rows, and we all said, "Rip it, Rip it, Rip it!" Suddenly I met brothers and sisters that I hadn't even known were lost to me!

I didn't join for the magazine, or the newsletter, I do love the internet community, and it's worth going to just one CGOA event, or finding a chapter...I stay a member because I not only love my craft and long for it's promotion, but I value you the dear friendships that I have made as a result of finding the CGOA in 2005. I am so glad I joined! I hope you do too!

If you are a member, you could gift your friends and relatives that crochet with a membership! I'm buying my daughter's membership, and we're going to the CGOA regional in Portland, Oregon this May. We're going to take a few classes, and can't wait to meet up with new friends and old alike...and we're going to party with CLFers in Portland too :) WHOOT!

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store