ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Have Faith Crocheters...

If you haven't heard the news yet (the jungle drums beat quickly on the CLF board on Ravelry), Kim Werker, editor of Interweave Crochet Magazine has both stepped down as editor and has sold CrochetMe.com to Interweave.

There is a bit of grumbling over this, not for Kim making a personal decision that would make her life more enriched, and really her blog says it all and I think it was a very hard but insightful decision on her part...The grumbling is the worry about what Interweave will do to CrochetMe.com and what it will do to crochet online...

Are we going to be lumped in with the stick people, are we going to be treated less than what we are?

My first thought is this: We have been very loud about wanting a Crochet Daily, and CrochetMe.com has the natural customer base to do such an endeavor. If Interweave is as smart as I think they are (and I do believe they are as I have been a reader of SpinOff for almost a decade, and have EVERY issue of IC including the first IK crochet edition, I also own a buttload of their books from Spinning to Crochet...) they will use this to deliver we who wield the hook that which we have asked for...

My other thought is, if they tank the magazine or if they don't serve well we have the wonderful option to take action, both in letter writing, and economically.

I don't think they will tank the magazine, and I don't think they will tank CrochetMe.com I think there is a real revenue potential there and they wouldn't have bought it if they didn't think so either.

So, we'll watch what happens and be alert...because that what we do in the Crochet Liberation Front, and if we have to take action we will...but you know I don't think we'll have to...I hope not cause 2009 is a busy year for us...we have TWO more books starting soon!

BTW If you want to contribute to the Adult book or the 400 yd or Less book check out the CLF Writers Guidelines here

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store