ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Great things afoot at the CLF

Hey there folks :)

Well we have some lively discussions happening on the CLF Message Board on Ravelry.

Plans, dreams and goals for 2009 abound, we are currently organzing the first ever Crochet Awards (like the oscars but you know for crochet :)) all are welcome to help in the planning, we're shooting to host those in March, which as you know is National Crochet Month (or International Crochet Month, since we decreed it so to not be exclusive of folks outside the US of A)...

We'll have a nominating process up soon :)

We also have ideas of having a "Christmas Present" Challenge for each month so we don't get caught behind again next holiday season (or like we do every year)

We have the yahoo group for file downloads and now have them on Box.net, see the Ravelry thread for more information for the box.net, or join the yahoo group to have access to these great downloads.

I have finally drafted the letter to Michaels Stores Inc, and have a copy for minions to send en masse, you'll have to send it snail mail though, because I haven't had a lot of luck finding email addies for those folks. I have my own letter I shall be sending and will post a copy of it once I have it mailed off...

Finally, the last podcast is finally up...and I promise to do better getting those up in 2009!

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store