ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Saturday, December 27, 2008

And what a great year it has been!

We decided we needed a blog of our own in December of '07 and so we started this...and with over 22000 views I say thank you to the readership! How awesome and cool!

I hope all of you have had a fabulous year, a wonderful holiday season, and your stash has both grown and lightened with creative strides!

The CLF has had a remarkable year...January saw us hit 1000 members, and this month we have hit 2765! We grow by leaps and bounds every week, and to that I say WOW and THANKS!

We began our book work in earnest in March of 2008, and saw ourselves in Portland for The Knit and Crochet Show! That was quite the time! We didn't have the books in time for the show but we launched them that week, and we have sold almost 300 since I last checked! Thank you to all who have reviewed the book online, in real life, and on Ravelry!

We even got awesome mention in Yarn Market News, and the Crochet Insider reviewed our book...Frankly I think it's beyond cool...from a joke to this...Where else can we go with the CLF?

What does 2009 hold for the CLF? Well you never know what our collective genius will come up with, but I can tell you these things for sure!

January 2009 will see us begin to take submissions for the "Adult" crochet book...that should be an interesting endeavor! LOL

Our dear member "Crochetgo" (Ellen) suggested we have an 2008 crochet awards, you know like the Oscars? So, we are going to gladly sponsor this activity awarding designers, companies and more ... We'll post more as we solidify information! If you have ideas or want to help out in this process, check out our thread "Crochet Awards 2008" on Ravelry.com.

I will be making an appearance at both the Knit and Crochet Show Spring Show in Portland, Oregon in May...and ta da...I AM GOING TO MAKE IT TO CHAINLINK! WHOOT...Yes, I shall shuffle off to Buffalo! I can't wait, I hope to meet so many of you CLFers there!

I don't know exactly what we are doing, or where we are going, I think our organic approach to life has it's own chaotic charm, and it suits me just fine!

What I do know is this, I thank you for giving me lots of interesting things to do and think about, you've kept me out of trouble by giving me trouble to make...I love you all!

Happy Holidays, Happy New Year...and thank you so much for wanting to help Crochet Dominate The GLOBE!

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store