ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Saturday of Quiet...

Ok, so I was supposed to go help Gabrielle and Thomas with their food booth in NW Portland. I would have loved to do so, but I wasn't so capable of finding my way there.

I'll tell you the reason in a minute, but this reason is also why I'm starting another blog about my own liberation process...The CLF is part of that process, but I have tried to keep my personal journey, and beliefs aside, so as not to confuse the issues, or seem like I'm trying to convert anyone to my process or ideas or belief structures.

I try to value all ways of human expression, if not value, perhaps accept. Sometimes people just have to be where they are, and feel what they feel, and be what they are, whether I like it or not...and since crochet is not about belief systems, or feelings, or strictures, I want to keep it that way as much as I can here on the CLF Blog.

But, I would be a liar if I didn't admit to having my own spiritual journey, my own belief (and be-life) systems. I've had an unusual journey and believe it or not I've been asked by four separate Christian Denominations to be ordained, I just can't do it though,because I've chosen to service humanity as a whole, and in MY belief system, if I choose a denomination or a particular religion then I'm excluding someone...

So, anyway, I was raised in a Christian household, so most of my spiritual understanding is couched in Christian language. But I am also a student of many other faiths and religions, and spiritual practices. I want to serve and understand people, as they are, why they are, and well, that's really my big trip in life.

The CLF is sort of part of that...my little joke, fostered in my own particular crafting frustrations, has ended up being a place to explore my own ideas and accept others from over 3400 people! I know in the past two years my own thought processes and ideas have morphed, I have grown, and I have watched other folks blossom and expand. Crafting in crochet being our "foil", vehicle through which we find new ways to be creative, create community, serve our fellow humans, grow as people and expand our understanding of the world. Or in the most simplistic and joyous of ways; have fun.

Oddly enough, I'm not the irreverent smart ass that I constantly portray here, I'm rather academic and studious and shy. I try to tone that down because it's not so entertaining, and really all study and no play makes Fearless Leader a dull girl, and no one wants to read about that...

If the CLF has taught me anything, it is to "Lighten Up"...Be light, be joy, enjoy the process, stop taking myself and the world so darn seriously, because in truth we're only as stuck and oppressed as we allow ourselves to be...really and truly... I knew that before I started it, I just wasn't as good at being silly and having fun...and things seem to work better for me when I'm having fun...and poking fun at myself!

So, if you are interested in my own journey, and some of my wackier spiritual adventures, with my wacky spiritual friends...Crochet and Creativity are included in this journey, because it's all connected, everything matters and everything doesn't... Anyway..".Adventures with a Fearless? Leader" is the name of the new blog and possibly the start of something I've always wanted to do; but you'll have to read about that there... http://www.adventureswithfearlessleader.wordpress.com


What does this mean for the CLF? Nada... CLF is it's own creature, it's own being, it's own entity made up of over 3400 individual, beautiful, creative, talented, curious, and fabulous souls...It's not about me, I'm just it's "Mom"...As with all children, it grows and develops with it's own personality, and I'm only here to be the guide on the side not the sage on the stage...That's for the new Blog ;) And rather than Sage, I'm thinking Fool is more appropriate.

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store