ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Friday, April 24, 2009

More Roving Crochet News..

So, here I am ensconced at my really good friends' house, helping prepare some tasty Living Food (also known as Raw Food) for tomorrow's Earth Day Weekend Celebration in NW Portland. Gabrielle Chavez is a fabulous Raw Food Chef and afficionado, I've known her since she and her husband, Thomas, were simple and delightful vegetarians, and have followed their whole journey through the Raw Food process over the past 8 years.

If you want to taste Gabrielle's fabulous goodies (and other folks contribute as well) she and her cohorts meet every Sunday Night at Kairos-Milwalkie UCC, at 5:30pm for a tasty meal and spiritual explorations.

If you are in the Portland area this is worth trying at least once!

Part of being a good friend is sacrificing yourself on the alter of good cuisine. I've enjoyed being a taste tester and sous-chef from time to time, and I never leave here disappointed.

Since, I'm being pampered and spoiled with healthy delcious, soul filling goodies, and quiet. Yes, quiet, no cats or dogs fighting, no kids asking me for their due, I've had some internet time to just look around at some very cool crochet happenings.

I've brought my crochet too, but I've been catching up with friends and forgot to do any so far, which is fine, though they don't mind me crocheting while we talk. As I have followed their journey; so too, theyhave followed mine.

Anyway, I finally got to watch the TED Talk about Hyperbolic Crochet... I love how crochet is one of the very very few ways you can model Hyperbolic Geometry....

The Power of the Hook is Strong!!! Check out just how powerful! Here http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/519

Oooh and if you live in Philadelphia: Check out this exhibit http://chemheritage.org/events/event-detail.asp?id=451

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store