ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Monday, April 27, 2009

Celebrating Spring, Getting Ready for Portland!


I host a monthly
"Spinning Group",
but really we're
an all fiber arts group!
If you forgot what I look like,
I'm the chick standing up,
holding Jimbo's HookKnuck,
wearing the funky
free form sweater.
Mary (in Red) and Ann (yes, THE ANN I always talk about), helped me out taking an "action" group shot, to use. I'm not used to the whole need for photos, etc to send to periodicals or websites etc. In fact I'm kind of camera shy, so it is a real effort to remember to get photos of me in action, or inaction :)
The garment on the table is my free form vest I'm hoping to have completed for the Knit and Crochet Show in Porltand, Oregon. Egads, It's taken on a life of it's own, how much you wanna bet I'll be finishing it on the train ride to Portland?
Anway, I'm working on the Second Book. Just got some revised files back from participants, looking foward to recieving the rest of them, and I have to put a few more together. I have a lot more energy now that I've done some good physical work with my buddies down south! (Yes, I do weird alternative healing techniques, but hey it works for me.)
Also, I have got some great copies of Knit and Crochet Today that I have been watching! I love this show! Candi Jensen has put together a real winner of a television production and Brett Bara is a fabulous host! It's been so much fun watching beloved CLF members strut their stuff on Camera! Once again I am in awe of how talented and fabulous we needle arts people are! Don't let the name of the show put you off, Crochet gets EQUAL billing on air, and I'm really excited by what I see!
I'll post more in depth about the shows I've watched later, I just want to say that I love it, and you should check it out if you haven't already!

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store