ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Crochet In Chains...The Second Book

Ok, so I have the fourth pattern formatted, I've sent out three of the four for editing, and am going to send out the fourth in just a few minutes.

One of the things that will be different about this CLF book, will once again be the articles. Since this is our "adult" book, I'm taking the opportunity to use the book as a vehicle to discuss some "touchy" subjects, that are often swept under the carpet or seen as taboos.

Again, this book is fully intended for adults, and there are subjects that adults should be able to discuss in a rational manner.

What will the articles be about?

Body Image
Sexuality/Sensuality
Trust
Reproductive Health and Safety

Of course these will all be handled with the same humor and respect that all subjects are dealt with by the CLF.

I put this information out to you now, just so you know there may be an article or two that might make some uncomfortable, but I think more people will find that the articles are mature and thought provoking.

I don't believe you can truly separate any issue into a little box. The patterns are fabulous on their own, but their intent is to be sexy and fun in the bedroom, you just can't leave sex out of the equation in this... So why not talk about it?

As with all things CLF I stand by the axiom; "We are people first, people who crochet!"

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store