As you know we in the CLF are tired of being downtrodden and mistreated. A good example of this was the latest crochet challenge thrown down out of Interweave's PieceWork magazine.
According to the author (not a crochet expert by any means btw) this vintage pattern was not worth her time to finish, or she couldn't understand it, what ever, it was flippant, rude, and why they had her do the article, instead of an expert crocheter is beyond me. And frankly, it's lace, it's not even necessary for an "expert" to do, just someone who does thread work, or has done thread work, or has crocheted more than 20 projects.
One of our CLF members Yarntricia, has suggested that we the CLF (and mad crocheters!) that we flood Piecework in a show of defiance.
Are you game? Check out their website, get the magazine or find a copy and get the challenge information including the pattern. It's a 19th century pattern. But it seems the author was confused by this: "to join in a circle"...um...in crochet we join things to make circles all the time. That's kina basic.
So if you are up for the challenge go for it. Yeah, it's thread, yeah it's tiny hooks, but hey get a good light and a magnifying glass. I'll be off searching for a copy of said magazine. Because as you know finding any fiber arts mags in these parts (other than quilting, and I refuse to get into a back ally fight with a quilter because they have ever SHARPER pointer things), so I'll be wandering and looking for the crochet challenge.
It isn't that I don't have other things to do,because yes, yes I do, but come on...it's lace. Lace is JUST COUNTING...really that's all it is. The most basic stitches are what you use to make the most delicate lace, really, truly and honesty.
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- Blog Feed Etc...
- CLF Blog moving...
- Call To Arms
- Website update, video tutorials, and other stuff
- Set My Picot Free Award Winner!
- OMG I finally got it! Crochet Today Article!
- Musing and Wondering...
- Hunt for Crochet Today...
- Fearless Leader in Crochet Today!
- Crochet Uncut E-Zine: Summer Issue & other stuff
- Cry Free Form!
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet