ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
Friday, May 8, 2009
25 Reasons I love Crochet...
1) I can make anything I can imagine with a simple instrument (hook) and something that can wind around it (fiber, wire, plastic, roving, feathers, yarn, string, twine, fabric).
2) I love the reactions I get from others when I wear my hats, scarves, sweaters.
3) I love the reactions I get when I gift my loved ones with my "latest" and "greatest" creations.
4) In less than 10 minutes I can mystify a child by making a wiggly worm or a hair scrunchy.
5) I love how my husband watching me as I take yarn and hook, and whispers "It's like magic when you do that..."
6) I love how it eases my stress levels and gives me yoga like levels of relaxation.
7) I love that when I was a struggling single mother of two small babies, I could afford some thread and a steel hook and make their Christmas happen. (I couldn't afford ornaments for the tree).
8) I love that now I can afford exotic fibers and get to use my glass hook with my camel/silk yarn...and it feels orgasmic as the hook slides through the soft, delicate fibers.
9) I love that I am never bored.
10) I love that I can whip up an instant gift when I have a birthday/wedding/anniversary/baby gift I've forgotten to buy.
11) I love that young children ask me to teach them how to crochet...
12) I love that I can make socks that look like socks, feel like socks and act like socks.
13) I love that crochet has helped me meet some of the most generous, creative, talented, and loving people.
14) I love that I am doing something that women have done in my family for more than four generations.
15) I love that I taught my daughter and she loves crochet as much as I do.
16) I love that my daughter and I had the common ground of crochet to get through the worst of the early teen snarky stage without killing each other.
17) I love that each time I pick up a hook, I feel like I'm sitting with the woman who first put one in my hands. My great grandmother.
18) I love that I don't have to use a pattern to have something turn out fabulous.
19) I love that I can use a pattern if I'm feeling lazy.
20) I love that with over 32 years of crocheting experience that I can still learn something new.
21) I love crochet because it taught me patience, perspective, and helped me find my artform.
22) I love crochet because it allows me that "me" time, I wouldn't normally take in my daily life.
23) I love that I can make son laugh by making him puppets.
24) I love the feel of a hook in my hands.
25) I love knowing that I am doing something she did, even though I never got to meet her, her work inspired me to be every bit as good as she was...
Who is she? My grandmother, Grace Rogers, she died in 1956 when my mother was 8 years old. People say I look like her, sound like her and act like her, she was only 36 when she died. When times were hard crochet helped feed my uncles, aunt and mom. I have some of her things, they have always inspired me. She is one of my favorite reasons that I love crochet, because through the hook I have a connection to the woman I supposedly resemble in many ways, but never got to meet.
- My Bestest Crochet Friend...Stitch Dictionaries
- Crochet Magazines: A crictical eye...
- Creating opportunity...
- A rare but warranted Review.
- Confidence & Crafting...
- The Portland Experience...
- Saturday of the Crochet and Knit Show
- Crochet on The EDGE! The Hooknuck makes the rounds...
- Crocheters go to Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland
- Captn's Log: Crochet Date; Thurs May 14
- Off to the CGOA Regional in Portland, Oregon!
- Crochet Tag...You're It!
- 25 Reasons I love Crochet...
- Crochet ignorance...
- Craft Marketeers & Suppliers Listen Up!
- Getting Down To Crochet Biznez
- Crocheting Hats as fast as I can, PLUS More result...
- Come on crocheters, get with it!
- Some results...and FROGGIN'
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet