Well folks...Looks like good ol' fearless leader will be away from her desk (or not) starting next thursday...Hubby has 3 weeks of vacation that are "use or lose" and so we're gonna take off to parts unknown...well we kind of have a general direction planned.
I have to say it's a little on the bad timing side for moi cause you know I have a ton of stuff to do with the CLF etc...But on the other hand I have demanded that there will be internet time every other day if only to check my email ;)
So, I won't be blogging (or maybe I will), I know I will be crocheting because I hate sitting still in the car with nothing to do! So I'll at least get some christmas presesnts made....Without further ado here's some crochet wisdom for the week...
Ok it's not wisdom, but here's the deal....Michael's...it's on my bad list...
MICHAEL'S WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!
The yarn supply is getting less and less, and the thread supply is even worse...COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
All I want is some freakin' thread to make up poinsettia pins for a freakin' christmas bizarre! WHAT IS THE DEAL!!! Must I shop online?
I mean even my LYS didn't have thread, and they were like "Well everyone goes to Michael's for it..." and my response was, "BUT THEY DON'T HAVE ANY GOOD COLORS IN!!!"
I'm getting really annoyed, I had to go to five shops to get the right kind of thread for my pins...Let's not talk about the lace hooks...let's just not go there...
I guess it's gonna be more and more online shopping for me...and when I find that mecca of thread, I'm gonna hug 'em and kiss 'em and call 'em George...
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- And now it's not...
- #17 and rising!!!
- Call to Action!!!
- MINIONS Call IN!
- Tune in to Getting Loopy!
- Crochet Wisdom for the Week...
- OMG I LOVE THIS HAT!
- Sweet Hat!
- Errata Page
- iGnome totally kitschalicious
- Exciting News...
- Wedding Afghan...wow...
- Website and more...
- Le GRAND sigh...
- OOOH I learned a new trick....
- Reading from the book...
- Oh YEAH it's in the book!
- I wore this on Saturday Night in Porltand...
- Get your historic copy of the Crochet Liberation F...
- Getting Ready For Portland...
- International Crochet Day: September 12
- NEW! Blog Contributors!
- ▼ September (22)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet