ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

May the hearts and minds over flow with love on this fine weekend...

I have to say I'm really not much of a Hallmark holiday kind of person...but I do have a sort of attachment to that "crazy little thing called love"...

Through my life, which you may have kind of figured out has been somewhat "interesting"...some would say difficult... I have had to learn to love the unlovable, accept the unacceptable, and learn to forgive the unforgivable...and move on, and act in the world.

When I say love the unlovable, it doesn't mean I hang out with those people, but I find something in my own heart and mind to say, "They are human, they have a history, they have a story...it does not make up for what was done to me by them...but it means that I can love them as human beings from a far..."

Early in my life I didn't have that down real well! LOL...But as each year goes by and I stretch my ability to love others as human beings, and learn to stay in my own healthy space, I liberate myself from the burden of the need for retaliation, for retribution. I've also found that what goes around comes around, and I do not have to be the agent for that retribution anyway :)

Why do I say this? Well, if you haven't noticed, I may blog rants, but my solutions to problems tend to be on the creative side, and I work to find new ways to liberating crochet...because folks I am interested in liberating my own mind...as Bob Marley said to do in "Redemption Song"...

I think this is the best way to free ourselves...from many things...and LOVE real love, not the stupid petty, "emo" (as my daughter would say) kind of love, is one of the best ways to do that...and heck I know we crocheters show that kind of love in our projects all the time... So here's one for you! The Crocheted Flannel ornament can be found on my personal blog "The Secrets of yarn." Click the I Heart Crochet photo to get the free pattern!

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store