ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Awards, Books, Action...

Hello Minions!

Ok a few reminders here, I've had some fabulous submissions for our second book, which will smaller than the first book, which will keep costs down for folks :) I still need a few more designs...so PLEASE get up the courage and submit a design. Right now, I'm designing a cute little "nightie"...I could use something for the guys though :)

I haven't really been able to think of something crocheted and sexy for a dude...Maybe you can ;) LOL...Pitch me an idea...I'm willing to extend the deadline for another week or so if you need time. Remember, currently submissions are due on Feb 20th...I'm not in a rush, so if we need to push it Feb 27th, fine ;) Go to the CLF Website and check out the writers guidelines! Thank you!

Next, our awards, folks if you are a member of our group on Ravelry.com, go and make your freaking nominations already.

To be honest I'm a little cranky... People, ok I started this group as a joke, but then I made it a real deal, I've risked my time, money and energy on this group, and we're for action.

I'm not the only person who needs to act though... It doesn't take much time or energy to down load a letter of action, or to draft one yourself to shoot off to businesses, and organziations!

If we are going to put our "money" where our mouths are, we need to do more than complain, we need to act! Otherwise we're what they say we are...a bunch of whiners...And folks, I do not whine...I abhor whining...

So, pony up, get active...do something...stand up straight and tall (and if you are annoyed at this because you are active, then DUH this message has nothing to do with you)...

To those who do act, YAY...We need more folks too!

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store