ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shaking it up...

Since I have had some time to ponder the world, hook in hand, yarn sliding ever so smoothly through my fingers, I have come to a firm decision....

IT IS TIME TO SHAKE IT UP!

Ok folks, our members have taken huge risks from getting out of their social shells and reaching out and starting real live groups, to starting businesses, and publishing patterns for the first time. From these experiences I am sure that something changed in their lives to the more positive because of that one little leap....

You have to remember that when we change one thing in our reality, other things move to meet the change. The more positive the change (no matter how small) the more positive the change to our reality.

We don't have to change the world, we just have to change our view of the world. By merely changing how we say things such as changing "I can't" to "I can" or "I wish I could..." to "I am going to..." voila these changes make a vast rippling effect into all aspects of our lives...

THIS IS LIBERATION!

It can be done alone and without support, but it's so much easier to do this with support....And man do we have support or what in the CLF...almost 2500 people willing to jump together, hold each others hands, and press forward TOGETHER...That is the most profound and inspiring aspect of our group....How unusual, no vying for position, no politicing for attention, no flaming, no bad attitudes...a positve wave that gets us resonating at the positive.

I have no doubt that we SHALL change things, little things in our own lives, and rippling out into the wider world...what will those changes be? Heck if I know, as long as they are positive and benefit more people than myself I'm happy...that has always been my personal goal...

I do not lie when I say, I am so very proud of you, and thank you for being the positive people you are...

This more than any angry mob mentality will bring about that which we seek.

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store