Ok folks, as Grand High Poohbah of the Crochet Liberation Front, I want to fill you in on a pet peeve of mine! (Or TWO)
1) Articles written to knitters to tell them how cool we are. OK pardonez moi to all of you who are bi-crafty types who both knit and crochet, in advance. However, I for one do not see why selling folks who play with pointy sticks on our craft makes our craft any cooler? I mean really, are those who play with pointy sticks the epitome of cool? Cause if so I missed some memo some where.
Frankly we do not need ANY industry or craft to think we are cool. WE need to think WE are cool. And somehow that's gotten lost along the way.
As a former marketing suit type executive (and oh yes I was, but I bought my soul back) I have to say that kind of marketing doesn't really do we crocheters a whole lot of good.
What we need in my very UN-humble opinion is to show that yes indeed we are SUPER cool, and show how much $$$ we have to spend at the LYS. That will get us better tools and materials, cause at the end of the day people, an LYS is a business, and they have rent to pay.
So, with that in mind I urge you to contact me with your Crochet Friendly LYS's and I will list them here. I will NOT make a list of the unfriendly LYS's because that will give them free marketing.
I also would love you to leave me messages with links to COOL crochet websites. These can be art, wearable art, cool designs, freaky designs, fun, and of course silly!
Crochet is a fabulous medium! I know that, both my daughter and SON know that, and so do you, since you crochet. So, let's show our stuff!
Raise hooks! CLF SALUTE!
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet