First of all I want to remind you all that we have a Website for the CLF where you can find our Crochet Friendly Local Yarn Store List, it covers the globe folks, so please check it out if you are not on Ravelry and don't have access to our Group Page that has the most current list. I will be updating that list on the website soon. Feel free to contact me with your favorite LYS so I can put it up on the website. No one pays to get on the list, it's member driven.
I encourage you to let yarn store owners know you are a member of the CLF and that you are coming to them based off the recommendation. Why? So we get even more support out in the world! Besides, compliments and thank yous go so much further than anything else!
Remember we're working off the theory of abundance here...when you spend local dollars that money goes so much further than when you let it slip away out of your community.
I love my local yarn store in Stanwood, WA...Pinch Knitters, that's right, it has the K word in it, but that's cause the owner has spent years doing commissioned knitting :) She crochets too, and is so wonderful to all of we who love fiber...in fact she's going to carry the CLF First Ever Book...
I encourage you to purchase the book, because that helps our cause...If you are on Ravelry, or enjoy Getting Loopy please use their links because it gives them a few pennies too...
In these trying financial times (which contrary to what the news says, I've seen coming for a long time they are more than a month old) it is important to look at where you spend your dollars. Spending money on items that help you make things for yourself, or support local businesses (your local yarn store) can help the economy...self sufficiency, being able to produce things really does help. Remember our book is printed and bound in the USA, which helps keep a few people in jobs....
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- Happy Holidays CLF
- Dorky Leader
- Book News...CLF Talkin
- Billie Setting Our Picot Free!
- Minions! A call to action!
- Interviews, Book Events, and a little walk through...
- Homespun Granny Shawl totally Picot Freeing!
- Leif's Retro Blankie
- Fearless Leader Speaks
- Very Versatile Striped Beanie...
- Crochet Liberation Front...what's on our hooks lat...
- Fun News!
- ▼ November (12)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet