ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Book News...CLF Talkin

Well, we're doing well with the book, getting copies out as fast as I can, I'm waiting on the other royalties to hit my account so I can send books overseas....

The book remains in steady sales which is great...especially since we're independant, and don't have an agent, or PR person, or anything but our own little selves...As I work on these things I just remember how much I love the "Little Engine that Could" story, and mutter, "I think I can, I think I can..."

I would love us to hit 10,000 copies...Being that the ultimate goal is to pay for patterns...and pay well...That would be so cool....

I could also use some good equipment etc :) LOL...Some day...Some way we'll make it happen.

With the holidays approaching and the economic circumstances being tight, I want to remind you that you are doing the world a favor by making gifts. If you are having a hard time thinking up ideas that are pretty, and not expensive...

here are some small projects.

1) Neck Warmers/Pillows...Crochet a tube of about a yard long, (I felted mine) but you can use acrlic yarn too...make it so it has a DC edging on each end so you can run ribbon through it to tie off the ends...Using nylons or stockings, fill with dried beans/lentils and herbs if you have em...or essential oils if you have em (no harm if not) and then stuff nylon with fill into the tube, use a ribbon or cord to tie the ends...and voila...

I used two skeins of Cascade 220 to make mine and used less than a full skein each for a two color, so I would say it's a one skein of that yarn project ;)

2) IPod holders, or cell phone covers

3) Hotpads, Washcloths, dish clothes in cotton done in pretty colors and different stitch patterns, what a great way to learn how to do cables!

4) Little cotton soap bags...I just crochet a rectangle and crochet it together into a bag, put in some handmade soap (made by a friend) and make it a draw string, great for the shower :)

5) Christmas Ornaments. If you go to my Secrets of Yarn Blog I have a pattern for flannel ornaments with crocheted edging, and you can always use the Irish Crocheted Rose as an ornament...

6) Hair accessories or jewelry, earrings...that crocheted rose again works in that capacity depending on what kind of yarn/thread is used.

Don't let the economy get you down...The more we focus on the negative the more we feed it...let's be crafty and cunning and beat that market at it's own stupid game...I believe in postive thought breeding positive outcomes...some day when I write the story of my life you'll understand...(Really, no reason on earth for me to be on the planet personally...but Positive thought has made all kinds of cool things!)

Hooks raised and oooh are you so ready for Turkey? I am...

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store