Due some interesting interpretations of what Crochet Friendly actually means, we on the CLF HQ Board on Ravelry.com came up with a criteria for rating LYS stores.
You now can go to the page http://www.thesecretsofyarn.com/crochetfriendlylys/lyslist.html and rate your local yarn store!
I will be making a page for the website with ratings given by people...Note: It's really hard to rate most LYSes high or excellent in all categories because well, very few if any meet all of our criteria, BUT we have extra credit, and customer service has the most weight.
So come on down, make your voice known, be honest and proactive. Remember BE THE CHANGE!
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- Operation "Let's get that information changed"
- Good Job Minions!
- Calling all Crocheters!
- And I wasn't even trying to cause trouble...honest...
- Mother's Day Roses Shawl
- Echarpe peluche Hookilicious
- Musings from the Big Cheese
- Totally Kitschilicious!
- Ok...this is cool...
- And this poncho is HOOKILICIOUS
- Some Clarity Regarding Crochet Friendly...A Rant
- Peacock bag 2
- Kitchilicious...In the COOLEST of ways
- Wow! This Doily Sets our Picot Free!
- Bargello afghan - Hookilicious
- Rose Painted Scarf
- CLF Book Submissions, KEEP EM COMING!
- Christmas Reindeer Gloves
- NEW! Rate your LYS!
- Wonderful Wrap!
- Holy Hookamunga! A Special Hookilicious Award!!!
- Infant Tam w/strap
- Hookilicious Hookers!
- ▼ April (24)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet