Firstly I have to say, Crochet Liberation Front members are a terribly talented group of people! Wow! I've had great patterns and articles trickling in, but I still need more!
Am I ever sated? Never!
Insatiable, that's me!
Remember way back when I wrote a piece about self confidence, well don't make me get on my soapbox again!
You can do this, you know you want to! And it's a great thing to have on your resume! It doesn't have to be a non-published pattern, it can be a little something you've had on your blog, it can be a little something you've been thinking about...
Maybe you have a great article in your head; why you should block your pieces, or maybe a funny story about a hat that could have been a plant pot... Whatever you have send it to me! We'll work on it together!!
We have one month until the submission deadline. Remember to send me a photo so I can see the item in question, I'd like what you send me to be a close to complete as possible. Photos and all, if you need help with photography send me a message and we'll work on that!
The sooner it all gets in the sooner I can begin with the layout, and initial editing before sending it out to my corps of volunteer editors!!
This is OUR book, not just my book...Let's show the world what crochet is, what we can be, and who we are as people who love our hooks!
The best way to change things is to "Be the change"... Don't worry if you've never done this before, I've never fully published a book for public consumption before (I have for in-house work for companies) so it's all scary, for everyone...When I was little and my friend's and I were scared walking a forest trail, we whistled and held hands.
Here's my hand, and well we can all whistle together.
(note: edited to fix what spell check did not)
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- Operation "Let's get that information changed"
- Good Job Minions!
- Calling all Crocheters!
- And I wasn't even trying to cause trouble...honest...
- Mother's Day Roses Shawl
- Echarpe peluche Hookilicious
- Musings from the Big Cheese
- Totally Kitschilicious!
- Ok...this is cool...
- And this poncho is HOOKILICIOUS
- Some Clarity Regarding Crochet Friendly...A Rant
- Peacock bag 2
- Kitchilicious...In the COOLEST of ways
- Wow! This Doily Sets our Picot Free!
- Bargello afghan - Hookilicious
- Rose Painted Scarf
- CLF Book Submissions, KEEP EM COMING!
- Christmas Reindeer Gloves
- NEW! Rate your LYS!
- Wonderful Wrap!
- Holy Hookamunga! A Special Hookilicious Award!!!
- Infant Tam w/strap
- Hookilicious Hookers!
- ▼ April (24)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet