ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life...

I won't be online to do CLF stuff much this week dear friends and minions. My former husband, Rashid Sultan Fakhroo, passed away Friday Jan. 24th 2009.

He was my college sweetheart, the father of my children, and a man who met me match for match in intellect, and outdid me in a sense of fun and adventure. Like many poetic souls his internal life was often a struggle, and sadly he spent the past five years suffering in the hospital in Bahrain. I am relieved that he finally is at rest and isn't suffering any more.

I have to take some time out with my children for a few days, and get some paper work in order.

I have to say this experience has been somewhat surreal. I am very grateful to all of the family in Bahrain, the Seychelles, and the USA who have recognized that yes, he and I did love each other when we were married, and that sadly alcoholism consumed him and his life. Our children have inherited the best of who Rashid was, being beautiful, intellegent and soulful people. I have always dedicated myself to allowing them to have the kind of loving home they deserve.

The children are doing as well as can be expected, they had not seen their father since we left the middle east ten years ago. For them this a surreal experience, but not one without emotion.

My daughter and I have spent the past several nights sitting on my bed crocheting together and talking about her father. She has some memories of him, all of them good. And we are grateful for that. Sadly my son only remembers his father from photos.

Rashid would have loved the CLF it would have tickled his sense of humor.

Anyway, I'd best be about this long day of getting paper work caught up to, and contacting other people who need to know, now that the shock is starting to subside.

I would also like to say I am grateful to my husband Jeff, for being a brilliant father to the children, and completely understanding of our emotions during this time of release and sadness. I know for a fact that Rashid was glad that Jeff was a good man to the children.

I'll be back on line soon. Thank you for understanding.

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store