ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Interviews, Book Events, and a little walk through on local marketing

Wow...When it rains it pours!

First of all I have to say a big thank you to Leslie who wrote a brilliant article for the YMN (Yarn Market News) and really show cased the CLF. I was really honored to have been quoted and accurately so as much as I was, and it was too cool to see the CLF mentioned! I was interviewed like back in August or so, and at the time we only had 2172 members, today we have 2586! It's so awesome to watch us grow!

On top of that really cool article, the yarn store I plugged Knot Just Yarn in Burlington, WA is now carrying our book, so if you are a local to that area head on down and grab a copy! I signed em!
My local yarn store in Stanwood, WA, Pinch Knitter, has placed an order for 10 books, and we'll be doing a book signing event at her store on Nov. 28, 2008 from 12-4.

This Sunday, at the Camano Lutheran Church I am participating in a Fair Trade Fair, and though I will not be selling the book there (because Sirkku is going to sell it in her shop) I will be taking orders and promoting her store. I will be handing out information about how shopping in the local economy actually does increase local financial maintenance. A dollar spent in your local economy circulates at least five times before it leaves your local economy! WHOOT! That's how we save our skins in this world of interesting times!

This leads me to working in a micro economy such as ours. If we work together, refer each other and help support local designers, authors, yarn manufacturers and stores, we call all stay afloat!

In light of that I am mulling over an idea to make a list of Indie Designers for Yarn stores to access. Once again today I got asked for good patterns by both yarn stores, and I started rattling off names. Of course these are all crochet names I know, when they rattle off knit names I'm clueless...Well, if you aren't big into crochet yourself, how the heck are you going to begin to know where to look!

So in the spirit of crochet solidarity, let's put our brains together to support those indie designers, because they are just that talented!

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store