ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fearless Leader Speaks

Hey gang! Fearless Leader here...

Well, I've not posted as much as I'd like mostly because off line the CLF has been a movin' and a shakin' :)

I actually met with an accountant about making some business changes that very much affect the CLF...and I found out I'm no slouch at plotting and scheming :) GRIN...It's all to do with compensation of those who submit to the book, and making sure I do it correctly for all of us :)

Starting in January I'll have more news....but boy I can tell you I feel so much better after the meeting. I mean it's not like the CLF is rolling in dough at the moment, but someday maybe we will and then I can actually hire people, and we can move even more mountains, and take real advertising space, and host parties and all of that fun stuff, and pay living wages...a girl has to dream right? That's right! My accountant listened and nodded, and finally understood the business model I planned and was like, "Wow, that's a very out of the box idea and I love it!"
In fact I even made the dude chuckle a few times, I must have talent!

I've been busy working on updating the look of the website, and I'll be putting up downloads of our files on Yahoo tonight...for now you can join the Crochet Liberation Front Yahoo Group, this won't be a discussion board, just informative and a place to get downloads etc :)

The good news is we have now made enough on the book to cover the cost of producing it, and it looks like I'll be able to pay a small fee for contributions to the next book! WHOOT... As I grow others will grow, that's a promise I'm more than willing to keep...

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store