ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Prudence Mapstone at Seattle Yarn Gallery





(CLF Members Smurf, PrudenceM, and Camanomade (aka, Alison, Prudence, Laurie)










Ok gang! I got to meet THE Prudence Mapstone today...sigh...she is not only brilliantly talented, but also very kind and sweet! It was indeed a pleasure to meet this vibrant, innovative, and creative person!




(Left to Right: Virginia, beautiful vest, Prudence)



On top of it all I got to meet Virginia, owner of Seattle Yarn Gallery, and let me tell you they go STRAIGHT to our Crochet Friendly LYS list! Great shop, good selection of everything. Virginia is a wonderful lady, gracious, informed, and a jewel! Her daughter (who's name I didn't get) is quite a talented needle worker, and as accepting of all that is fibery goodness too! located in West Seattle on California street, good parking and not hard to find! Check out their website HERE.

(Alison/Smurf and baby Smurf both sweet as can be!)

BEYOND on top of it all I got to meet our dear member, Smurf (aka Alison in real life) and her new wee baby who was such a dear through the whole workshop! He slept like a little lamb, and is cute as a bug! So awesome to meet her face to face, especially since she'll be heading back to Oz in the late fall/early winter!

I also got to meet Kathleen (who's card is in my jeans at home, and I'm borrowing bandwidth at a friend's house...long story don't get me started!) who organized the cruise that is taking Prudence and some very lucky folks up to Alaska! So glad they got to deport from Seattle! Kathleen is a lovely lady, so glad to get to meet her!

And LaCheryl, last but certainly not least her, I got to meet her in Oakland last fall, and boy were we surprised to run into each other at the workshop! LOL...She's one of the lucky one's heading up to Alaska with Prudence! All in all it was a great day and very cool to represent to CLF and enjoy such grand compnay! (And find another yarn store!)

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store