Ok, the book is kinda almost sorta done. Just doing some editing, and putting it into a pdf package and then WOOSH uploaded we will be! WHOOT!
I have to say I am so excited about this, CLF Members should be very proud of their accomplishments, submissions, and this fine tome that we have produced together...
The papers are signed/sealed and delivered for the The Fall Show in Portland Oregon...what is this fall show? Why it's the Regional CGOA meet up! If you can come please do! We have a booth, we'll have t-shirts and buttons, and keychains, and postcards, and fingers crossed a book or two!! Come by and see us!
Last but not least, check out this very sweet story from Florida. Before you read it though, let me tell you that those who put down crochet because the elderly do it, need to understand one thing, those old folks didn't learn it when they were old... There is nothing wrong with being a Mama, or a Grandma, or a Great Grandma those are just stages in life. I dare anyone to tell my Calvin Klein wearing 90 year old Grandmother that she's out of vogue! LOL...
Seriously though, read this story, warning: have tissues at the ready.
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- Picot Freeing Mosaic Top
- More about DA Book!
- So just when is the book coming out...
- Hookalicious Hat
- Kitchilicious...In the COOLEST of ways
- Da Book...
- More information about the book :)
- Hookalicious Tote!
- The whole cover :)
- The Crochet Liberation Front First Ever Book
- CLF BOOK UPDATE, Portland, and a nice link...
- ▼ August (11)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet