Ok all you lads and lasses who doesn't like a good smack down?
Registration for the International Yarn Smack Down is open until July 31st, 2008 for one of the wackiest "death by" events in the whole wide planet!
Crocheters there are special events just for us!
Crochet Amigurumi (deliver death with a smile);
Crochet Granny Square;
Who doesn't love the idea of an international food fight where you can throw crocheted (and knit) toast at each other!! This is a mixed event of crochet and knit, and well it sounds like too much fun!
The organizer of this event has bent over backwards seeking how to be inclusive to our love of all that is hook-able! So throw her a bone (crocheted please) and sign up, represent the hook, and have fun!!!
For more information please check out the web page here:http://www.yarnsmackdown.com/
and if you still don't have the information you want you can send them a message from here:http://www.yarnsmackdown.com/contact.html
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
- Gothic Lolita totally Kitschalicious
- Hookalicious! Repurposed and BEAUTIFUL!
- Over 2000 members and still growing!!!
- crochet dress
- Pansy Garden is TOTALLY Hookalicious!
- The International Yarn Smackdown...Bring it ON!
- CLF FIrst Every Book Update
- Totally Hookalicious!
- Set My Picot Free with a Snood!
- Hookalicious Beret!
- Picot Freeing Parasol
- Prudence Mapstone at Seattle Yarn Gallery
- Hookalicious Shawl!
- Franz is completely Kitschalicious!
- Renaissance Roses Sets our Picot Free
- CLF Representing at Seattle Yarns
- ▼ July (17)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet