ABOUT THE CLF

My photo
Everywhere, No where
I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.

Beware Defamers of the Hook!

Beware Defamers of the Hook!
Like Joan of Arc, and the Scarlet Pimpernel we are here to seek Justice!

Search for Crochet

Custom Search

Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front

Saturday, June 6, 2009

OMG I finally got it! Crochet Today Article!

WOW! Ok, I owe Tina Barseghian a HUGE thank you for taking the incoherent ramblings of a mad woman and writing a very very smooth article!

Yes, today I managed to track down TWO copies of the magazine at a Barnes and Noble and hour south of me (it's the closest one to me), and I have another two ordered. Yeah, I'm a nerd, I get excited to see my picture in a magazine. Yup, I do.

Yes, I have forced people to read the article in front of me, while I stand their grinning like the proverbial cat with feathers AND cream dribbling out of my mouth. Yes, I looked at my husband and said, "Not bad for a joke!"

And yes, I did giggle for almost half an hour after reading it.

Who knew a joke could be this funny for so long!

Our beloved Dora Ohrenstein of Crochet Insider fame is quoted, as is Jennifer Reeve of www.craftkitten.com, thank you guys!

In honor of this moment, I have made a new reference page on our website: Video Links.

http://www.crochetliberationfront.com/Videos.html

They aren't all how tos, some are just cool crochet. Though I think my favorite how to is the How to crochet a hackey sack, the young man doing the video is so cute (though he's of an age where that would cause eye rolling.)

There will be more on the list, but so much crochet goodness out there, just need to get it in one spot!

Happy Hooking to all!

Support the CLF! Our Zazzle Store