Have you ever wondered if someone up there is trying to gun you down, or at least having fun at your expense?
I'm not supersticious mind you nor do my beliefs involve angry and petty diety types, but lately it's like some weirdo off CNN has thrown the "Chinese Curse" at me: "May you live in interesting times..."
Folks, I could really handle boring about now...
I am more than behind on several tasks...If you are due an email, it's coming, please give me some time to catch up... Ok we have had storms, floods, death, and drum roll please...
Last Wednesday my house had the freakin' mother of all power surges, and no breakers went off, of course my husband was gone (cause these things NEVER happen when he's around), and so after a tulmultous moment of screaming for my kids to "GET OUT OF THE HOUSE >>>NOW" (and they did thank you very much without any arguments!)...I ended up heading toward the garage and found it full of acrid nasty smoke and electrical popping sounds...After a few hours with the crew from the park helping me out...we found that indeed it was a corroded ground wire that was the problem (nothing close to the house)...but it fried the T.V (yay), the microwave, my phone (booo), my hubby's pc, drill press, and assorted rechargable battery packs.
Ok...so this should be it, right? Nope...
Friday, hubby goes to the Dr. for the lab results, and oh yeah (and um, not surprised here, but annoyed, and worried...) Hubby has to go on insulin shots because his pancreas has shut down. Grrr. (No it is NOT how I cook at home, I have lots of good healthy food options available at home...GRRRR....shake that man darn it! I like having him around)...
So, I've been walking around kind of dazed, and not asking that silly question...no I will not even type it...and yes, when I leave my house, I kind of duck as I exit the door way...who knows, the sky might be falling...
Oh, yeah, I'm crocheting...you bet your sweet booty I'm crocheting, with every neurotic bone in my body I...am...crocheting...
ABOUT THE CLF
- Fearless Leader of the CLF
- Everywhere, No where
- I started the CLF as a joke on Ravelry, back in July of 2007. The joke was on me, we're a real group, that seeks to liberate ourselves from stereo types about our craft and ourselves. Other than being called "Fearless Leader", I'm a designer, mother, editor, wife, hand spinner, yarn addict, incessant reader, and over all geek in the coolest of geeky ways.
Official Blog of the Crochet Liberation Front
- Keep Voting! This is really exciting!
- Unveiling The Flamie!
- Wow! Great Start for voting!
- Hook the Vote! 2009 Crochet Awards!
- CLF Book #2, Crochet Awards, and NATCROMO
- Ok..I done did it...
- 2009 Crochet Awards Nominations Last Day
- Romance Table Cloth...oooooh la la!
- Awards, Books, Action...
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- 2009 Nominations Now Open!
- Ghost Reef Sets our Picot Free!
- Back to taking over the world...
- Ever wonder?
- CLF Retreat Survey
- Crochet Awards 2009
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2008 (211)
CLF Salutes the following Sites
- Crochet Guild of America!
- CLF Sponser! The Secrets of Yarn Project
- Crochet with Dee
- Really REALLY cool crochet Stitch Diva
- Vashti Braha's Blog...neat information for crochet!
- Carol Ventura's Tapestry Crochet
- Prudence Mapstone's WONDERFUL free form crochet and that other yarn craft too
- Stunning wearable art by Myra Wood
- Beautiful Offerings by Bonnie Pierce
- Designer Karen Whooley's Site
- Awarded the Set My Picot Free Badge of Honor...Monster Crochet